Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Carrying On

Posted by Picasa


Ok, so I'm listening to "Carry On" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash (remember them?), from the soundtrack to Patch Adams. I had originally obtained this cd off SwapaCd, just for the first track, "Faith of the Heart," by Rod Stewart, a song which ended up being VERY hard to find - why I don't know.

This week I have been learning more about my new Palm Pre, and downloading a TON of apps. I got the phone just a couple of days before Dad died, and spent that drive through the night (listening to a Yankees/Red Sox game on Yankees Network radio stations across New York State - UGH!) just learning the basics of sending texts and receiving calls (Smart Phone 101!) A very stressful time to learn about your new phone.

Well, let me just tell you, this phone is SWEET! It's catalog of apps is nowhere near as extensive as say the iPhone's, but I have found some that will come in quite handy.

Steph is home for a few days. Of course, she is making the rounds of seeing old friends and chilling. She deserves it. She worked extremely hard to earn her degree, and REAL LIFE will catch up to her soon enough.

Nate came down the other night. He is getting a lot of hours, and looked pretty beat. It was good to see him. Hard to believe he will be 26 next month!

I am listening to audio books now (The Given Day, Matterhorn, The Passage, The Road) while I stitch, and have begun the arduous task of backstitching Four Seasons:


Posted by Picasa


I hope this finds you enjoying your summer days. It is extremely hot here in SW Ohio, and that means Yours Truly stays inside. The yard is totally overgrown and full of weeds, but there is simply no time. Life seems to be settling down somewhat, after a Spring of life-changing events to be sure.

I wish you peace, and above all else:

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Your FourSeasons is looking great. I have an I-pod touch, using it right now, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think between you and Shelleen, I am going to have to try the audiobooks again. The one time I tried it years ago, I had a tough time following the story while trying to think of whatever else I was doing. Maybe I am just a hopeless one track minded person - LOL!!

    I love the way your Four Seasons is turning out - really gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're enjoying your new smartphone. Isn't technology great? Your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to us. We do hope you will at least indicate you stopped by. Happy Stitching!